LATEST MOUNT PISGAH CHRISTIAN SCHOOL COVID-19 UPDATES
April 3, 2020
I hope you have all had a great week. After the Governor’s announcement this week I wanted to update you on our stance. We have consulted with public health officials, local hospitals, and the other independent schools in the area, and we have come to the determination that we will finish school this semester through distance learning. We are doing this because we want to help end this entire situation, and be able to get together for fellowship and events over the summer. I have said from the beginning that we will control what we can control. For example, yesterday the GHSA announced that all spring sports are canceled. We cannot control that. However, we can absolutely control the events that we have scheduled.
Our administrators and staff have already begun planning events for the summer so we can celebrate our students, families, and celebrate just being able to spend time together and getting back to normal. We are looking at ways to make Lower School Field Day an event for the entire family. Every Senior should get to have prom and graduation. Any event like these are within our control, and we will continue to plan to have them until the time comes when they are no longer ours to control. We feel that by finishing this semester through distance learning, we can help flatten the curve and make sure all of these events can happen this summer.
Our teachers will continue to provide outstanding online content. We have heard from an incredible number of you how well it’s going and how much you appreciate it. Our commitment is to keep the same energy and innovation to continue moving the ball forward online from preschool through 12th grade. If you are a preschool family please be watching for an additional email from me this afternoon.
I am thankful for all of you. I pray that each of you are staying healthy, and I hope that you are finding the opportunity in all of this to reinvigorate your time together as a family. If you have any questions or needs at all please let us know. We will continue to navigate this together, and when it is over we will all be better for it. We are Pisgah!
Head of School
We will continue to follow the Governor's mandate out of concern for the health of those around us, and because we want to respect the authority of our elected officials. Because of this we will remain closed until April 24th, and we will plan to return to school on April 27th.
You are all doing a fantastic job. Continue to love kids and families well, and we will all continue to get through this together. Thank you for all you are doing.
Head of School
Hello Mount Pisgah Families,
We have continued to monitor the situation with the CDC and local health officials. At this point we are going to follow the Governor's recommendation and stay closed through March 31. We will continue to evaluate the situation and make a decision next Thursday about April.
Several people have asked about different events on campus and if they will be canceled or postponed. There are things happening that we can't control, and we have to defer to larger authorities for decisions, such as spring athletics. However, anything we can control, such as prom or graduation, we will continue to postpone until we don't have a choice to control it anymore. If it is possible to make it happen, we will.
We will be in touch next Thursday with hopefully more details for moving forward. Obviously this is a very fluid situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all navigate very uncharted waters. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Head of School
We have put your April payments on hold so you will not be charged for April until we know what will happen moving forward. You will not have a payment come out of your accounts on April 1. If for some reason that transaction takes place please notify us immediately.
At this time we are not doing refunds for March. Once we have a better understanding of what the next couple of months will hold for all of us then we will decide if we are going to refund half or March or allow you to credit it toward a future payment.
We are committed to paying our preschool teachers. You may not realize this, but they are hourly employees. Beginning in April, if we have not returned to school we will create a designated salary fund to pay our hourly preschool teachers. If you would be willing to make a tax-deductible gift toward that fund of any amount, or designate a payment to that fund in lieu of tuition to help us offset the cost of continuing these payments I would greatly appreciate that.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What about extracurricular activities in athletics, arts, and other areas?
A: We very much look forward to resuming these activities when school reopens. We will work with peer schools to adjust competition schedules as needed in athletics, and coaches, arts faculty, and other faculty members will communicate more with affected students when we have specific information to share.
Q: Are there any restrictions on a student's eventual return to campus?
A: Individuals who meet any of the following criteria should reach out to their physician before returning to campus:
- do not feel well or have a fever and/or respiratory symptoms,
- have traveled to an area designated by the CDC with a level 1, 2, or 3 advisory within the last 14 days
- have traveled on a cruise within the last 14 days
- have been in contact with a person being tested for or diagnosed with COVID-19
Note: The same guidance applies to all adults on campus.
Georgia Department of Health: https://dph.georgia.gov/